03 November, 2010

That's what the lecturer said

Key:

What he said
What he meant


"This subject is very important basic information for anyone looking for a career in business."
"You won't learn anything useful, but it's a mandatory course so you'll just have to sit through it."


”This course will be a lot of work, but it will also be rewarding once you learn all of it.”
"I cannot understand that students have a life outside this classroom.”


”Even though the lecture notes are available on the Web, I still encourage you to read through the course book.”
”Hey, even I haven't read it. But I'll still put a question in the exam regarding one nitpick piece of it, just to force you to read it.”


”I hope you will ask questions and comment as much as possible.”
”I don't really know what I'm talking about so I hope you'll do the teaching for me.”


”I will keep the theory part as short as possible.”
either ”You are idiots and wouldn't understand it anyway.” or
”I don't really understand it myself, so I can't teach it to you.”


”That's a good question, but in the scope of this course we won't go further into that conversation.”
”I don't have a clue how to answer that.”


”I think you have an interesting viewpoint into this.”
”I think you're an idiot.”


”I think we can agree to disagree.”
”I think you're an idiot – besides, I'm right.”


”That question cannot be answered with the knowledge of this course.”
”Hey, I'm the one with the PhD! Who's criticizing who here?”

No comments:

Post a Comment